We adapt the curriculum and learning environment for pupils with SEN:
All pupils follow the National Curriculum at a level and a pace that is appropriate to their abilities. We believe that inclusive education means supporting all pupils to learn, contribute and participate in all aspects of school life alongside their peers. At Delves Lane, our curriculum also includes the social aspects that are essential for life-long learning, personal growth and development of independence.
Examples of how we adapt our curriculum include;
- Changing the way activities are planned and delivered
- Matching activities to the ability / need of each child (differentiation)
- Adapting learning materials such as equipment and activities to suit each child’s needs for example enlarged text
- Offer small group support to promote skills identified in the child’s Education Plan for example Lego therapy, Therapeutic story writing
- Including movement breaks for children who need them
- Providing visual timetables, prompt cards and other resources where needed
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you ca find in the School Policies section of our website.