Welcome to Hawthorn Class (Year 1)
Meet the Staff
Miss Kirkbride – class teacher
Things I like:
I love to go to the theatre.
I like all subjects, but my favourites are Phonics and PE.
I like being active and participating in different sports.
I like spending time with my family and friends.
My favourite animal is a dolphin.
Things I don’t like:
I don’t like it when someone talks over another person.
I don’t like it when people are unkind to others.
I will help you learn this year so you can reach your full potential.
I will help you when you are stuck.
I will listen to you and take care of any problems you are having at school.
You will do your very best with any task you are given.
You will ask for help if you need it.
You listen to others in the class.
You are kind to others.
- If you have any worries or concerns please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Burnett: teaching assistant
Things I like:
I like art and music.
I like to dance and be active.
I love sharks but my favourite household animal is a dog.
I love going on lots of adventures and exploring new places with my two little girls.
This year I promise to:
Help those who find things tricky.
Be there for you all if you need someone to talk to.
- Year 1 start school at 8:55am
- You will enter school via the blue door in the classroom (same as last year)
- You will leave school at 3:15pm via the blue door again
- Your PE day will be a Wednesday, please come to school in your PE kit on this day.
For more information about Year 1’s curriculum, please see the curriculum map below:
To see more information about what we will be learning each term, please see our curriculum newsletter below: